Installation file can't be opened in Mac OSX CatalinaPinned Featured
This error happens because of a permission change in Mac OSX Catalina. OSX assumes the installer is a text file and not an executable launcher.
To fix this:
- Right click the installer and press "Show package contents".
- Go into /Contents/MacOS.
- Open a terminal.
- Write "chmod +x".
- Drag the file from step 2 into the terminal so the line looks like the following:
- chmod +x /Users/NAME/Downloads/ZBA55F.app/Contents/MacOS/ZBA55F
IMPORTANT: replace NAME with your username (or wherever your downloads folder is) and ZBA55F with whatever Zebra version you're installing, e.g. ZBA55Z
- Press enter.
- Now go back to the folder where you downloaded the file.
- Right click the file and select open.
Since the Catalina update, files may also be blocked from opening even after follow these steps. By going into Security and Privacy and then under General, you can after getting an error that an application cannot be verified, choose to open the file anyway.
- Open up the ZebraTester Installation after following the steps in the above guide.
- Receive the application cannot be verified warning:
- Go into Security & Privacy and look under the General tab.
- Click "Open anyway"
- Finish the installation of ZebraTester
Please sign in to leave a comment.